Novel Update #07

I am terribly behind updating my blog. To whoever is reading, I'm so sorry. A lot of things have been happening in my life, none of them related to writing. Thank you for putting up with me, to whoever is still reading this. If no one is reading, then I'm just going to write as how I've always done.

I finally finished the draft of Chapter Seven a couple of weeks ago. I'm not happy with it, but I'm not going to go through a grueling process of writing it from scratch. All it takes are a little tweaks here and there. This means a big deal for me because now I am finally passing the one-third mark of my novel and moving into the second act.

As I write Chapter Eight now, everything just seems to make sense. I'm happy with the direction that the story is developing and now I'm taking a day off to thoroughly imagine how the rest of the chapter will go. There's a balance between stuffing and trimming that I tread upon and its a delicate process to me. However, I've learnt that it's okay to be reckless every now and then; that it's okay to go by feeling rather than thinking.

That aside, I've started to listen to 'Writing Excuses,' a podcast by some well-known authors of whose names I can't recall right now and it has been amazing. I'm trying not to beat myself up too harshly for not getting into it sooner but it those help to be able to listen to these prolific writers offer their insight on the writing process.

Anyway, a short update, but one that I'm glad to be doing again.

Thanks for reading,

Until next time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the Protagonist Has A Voice

The Brief Life of an Aspiring Twitch Streamer

Novel Update #05